Maktaba Policies and Code of Conduct
Maktaba Children’s Library is dedicated to providing an accessible, inclusive, and welcoming environment where all members of the community are welcome. Parents, guardians and caregivers are responsible for ensuring their child’s safety and welfare while in the library. Library staff members are not responsible for the direct supervision, safety, or welfare of any child. While in the library, the following rules & guidelines apply:
- In all parts of the library, ages 9 and under must be in the immediate vicinity of a parent/caregiver.
- Children 9 to 11 years old must be accompanied by a parent/guardian who will remain in the library throughout the visit.
- Children over the age of 12 or those accompanied by a guardian must register their parent’s contact information at the circulation desk upon arrival.
- Adults should be accompanied by a child or teen while in the Children’s Library.
- Staff will call 9-9-9 for assistance in all medical emergency cases.
- Verbally or physically threatening or harassing other patrons, volunteers, or staff, fighting or challenging to fight, running, pushing, shoving, or throwing things will not be tolerated and may result in expulsion from the premises. The Police may also be alerted.
Maktaba reserves the right to amend Library Policies and the Code of Conduct at anytime. All members will be notified of any and all amendments.
You can find the Code of Conduct in Arabic below.